Thursday, March 12, 2015

Only in the service of our God


In Mosiah 2: 17 we read:” And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.”

I read this scripture and felt like I wasn't doing enough. I don’t have time to add another thing to do on my list. Then I started to think about all my responsibilities, the cooking, cleaning, driving, work for others, teaching in my calling, work in the temple or even indexing and I realized that I was in the service of others; My husband, kids, parents, sweet sunbeams and deceased relatives.

We are all busy, hopefully all trying to do our best and  need to remember that we are not asked to “run faster than we have strength” (Mosiah 4:27).
When we do our best, organize our time putting the things of the Lord first, then the rest of our responsibilities will be easier to accomplish.


“Every unselfish act of kindness and service increases your spirituality. God would use you to bless others. Your continued spiritual growth and eternal progress are very much wrapped up in your relationships—in how you treat others. Do you indeed love others and become a blessing in their lives? Isn't the measure of the level of your conversion how you treat others? The person who does only those things in the Church that concern himself alone will never reach the goal of perfection. Service to others is what the gospel and exalted life are all about” (in Conference Report, Apr. 2005, 96; or Ensign, May 2005, 91).

Watch this video,


http://youtu.be/Lpau5YXk46Y


Serving others in our daily responsibilities should be a big rock.I know that when we serve others we are in the service of our God, we develop a Christ like love for the ones we serve and a special bond with them that will last for Eternities. 

1 commentaires:

Annette said...

Nancy, you are absolutely right. I've had to come to the same conclusion about my life. I'm not sure why we think we can't count what we do for our family as service. You know that they need all the things we do for them.