Friday, July 25, 2008

Officially an AMERICAN CITIZEN

Wednesday July 16th is the day I became a Citizen...
Cause ya'll know I've been American at heart for a LONG time ;P
Well the big day finally came!! We were told that the ceremony would be at 1pm so we (Greg, Lisa, Katey, Lexi and us) were there at 11am!! First people to be there!
It was one of the most emotional days of my Life! What a great country and what a blessing it is to live here!!
Thanks to Greg, Lisa, Katey, Smenelle, Mike and Di who took a break in there busy life to be there!! Oh and by the way... My parents immigration paperwork was sent the next day yeah!!!! Enjoy some pics!


Picture perfect before we leave.. Look at the hair... as soon as I walk out of the bathroom... It won't look like that!!! SO Annoying Why is my hair so Stinking straight and Fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Literally First in Line!! We got there SO early!! SO worth it!




Entering the Theater


Lexi and Olivier were SO good!!!


Waiting Patiently!!!


Oli and Papa being SO patient on the balcony!


The official Sworn In Part... SO Emotional!!


Olivier playing Photographer!!





This was the piece of Paper that I needed to apply for my parents!!!!


Jenelle that was able to make it to the ceremony!!!






Right after with Greg and Lisa



When We got Home this was the first surprised.. SO COOL big Thanks to Mike and Diana



Some of you already know that I'm in the cub scout program. every 3rd Wednesday of the month we have a Pack meeting at 7pm.... I was planing on going... but Luke had made other plans!!! I look back now and wonder How I didn't figure out!! Luke with the help of Katey, Greg, Lisa, Mike and Diana arrange this Surprise party for me, at the same time as pack meeting!! Since the ceremony was an hour later then we expected they lost an hour to prepare the hole thing!!!! I was exhausted, so were Olivier and Philip so we went home to take a nap... Luke made up some random errand he had to run but really went to his parents house to set stuff up! I was told that my in-laws wanted to take me out for dinner that night and that we would meet at Out Back at 6pm... so we had 1 hour to get our food, eat, and get to pack meeting on time...so I though!
Luke got back home and we got on the road at 6:10pm... I told Luke Let's call your family and tell them to meet us there!! He blew me off saying that Katey was probably running late because she hadn't call to find out where we were!
I texted Kerri (our Cub master) to let her know I would be late... Kerri was Of course aware that I would never Show up!!!
Anyway.. We finally got to my In laws and to My surprise there was a ton of flags on there front yard !! Then I noticed a Sign on the garage door that Said Congratulation Nancy and then I saw, The Banta's, Steven, The Recksiek's... and I FINALLY realized We are so Not going to Out back.... ;)
I was SO touch by all this Thanks to all of you that Helped Luke and were there for my special day!!
To see more pics go on Jim and Katey's Blog (see list of Friends)


Diana Busted!!!


Gorgeous Cake!!


Julie's RED WHITE and BLUE trifle :)


Table of Desert!!! YUMMY!!!


Some water fun!!! The kids were Drenched!!


Maude, Shelly, Heidi and Baby Philip


Liz and Amy


This was Suppose to be my hat ... I think!!!





Olivier and hunter goofing around!!


Zach and Brandy


Here is Zerelda and Georgiana...

Little video upload of Olivier playing with the Hat....
Thanks again to all!!!


4 commentaires:

Watkins Clan said...

Finally you post some pictures I've been waiting to see these for forever! I'm glad you're one of us now. Too bad I missed the turn out, although it seems like you had a big enough turnout.

Jon & Kim said...

Nancy we are so happy for you! Happy Birthday Luke!

It's just Barb said...

Nancy I am so excited for you! Congratulations! I would have loved to go to the ceremony with you, I have always wanted to see one. I am so sorry that I missed your party. I was at Girl's Camp without a car when Luke called me. But we are so happy for you!

Truthislight said...

Hey Nance!
We wish so much we could have been there; I get goose bums just thinking about it. We love you so much and are so glad to have you as a sister! SO excited for your citizenship. Congrats. Love you!
DK, M, J & G